Seakayaking the foothills of Osorno Volcanoe
Paddle enjoying the 2600m Osorno Volcanoe right in front of you
close to a dense rainforest plus a variety of birds. Sumerged trees
, lots of little bays. The area where we will be navigating is where
the lava meets Llanquihue lake .
We meet at 9AM to start our trip driving close to the southern shore
of LLanquihue lake , the second biggest in Chile , with amazing
views of Osorno Volcanoe until we reach Ensenada town.
After receiving a safety talk and practising some basic strokes
we will start paddling close to the shore till suddenly appearing
the entrance to the small but beautiful Laguna Verde (the green
lake) surrounded by huge trees.
As we will be travelling in small groups and quietly , we will have
good opportunities to enjoy a variety of birds like cormorants ,
egrets , kingfisher and probably black neck swans plus the colors
of the the clouds reflecting in the water , and the magnificent
sound of the silence.
Stop in a beach and start snorkelling with magnifiscent views of
huge trees in the bottom of the lake , enjoy our box-lunch , continue
paddling always close to the coast and start our return to our van
arriving in Puerto Varas aprox.5 PM.
- Transportation in private vehicle from your Hotel in Puerto
Varas to the destination and back to Puerto Varas.
- Seakayak equipment:
Double seakayak with original rudder, seakayak paddles , lifejacket
, sprayskirt, wetsuit and paddling jacket
- General instruction before starting to paddle: safety talk ,
practice of strokes and simulation of a rescue.
- English speaking seakayak guide , classified by the British
Canoe Union as a BCU 4STAR Sea Award , ACA Seakayak Instructor Level 4, with NOLS Trainning.
- Snorkeling equipment (diving mask)
* It´s not a proper diving activity (like scuba diving) , it´s just enjoying getting underwater with a mask
- imited insurance once the seakayak trip starts with Interamericana
Insurance Company (chilean company.
* Ask about recommended gear list.
- Swimming expertise
- Contemplative attitude and respect for the existing ecosystem.
- Physical state and health compatible with the activity to
- Previous indication of any illness or health problem.
- You'll find your trip even more enjoyable if you remember
to bring flexibility and a sense of humor with you.
- Possibly while we are driving to our destination , or while
we are paddling , weather conditions (wind) may change and in
order of the group safety the paddling could be delay, shorten
or cancelled. This fact doesnt means any kind of refund.
- Understand that this is team activity in the outdoors and
the participation of each person at each stage is fundamental.
- Before trip you must turn in a signed form of Release
- To have read and clearly understand the General
- Send complete the RESERVATION Form and MEDICAL Form that appears
after you press the RESERVATION button that is at the end of this
- The trip has been planned with the consideration of those
without previous experience.. Before we begin our great trip,
we will have a complete discussion and practice session covering
rescue techniques and paddling maneuvers so that our participants
feel more comfortable during the trip and can really enjoy the
beautiful views that they encounter.
- To guarantee the security of our customers, we use very stable
and confortable seakayaks imported from Germany , USA and Canada.
- The trip will take place even if it rains.
must mention that the success of this type of trip is subject to the
weather as well the personality of the person, therefore an
adventure spirit and good disposition will be fundamental.
AFTER you press the RESERVATION button, send us an email specifying:
- Your Name , age
Name of the trip you want (number of days)
Number of participants
Date of the trip you want (and your availability)
* we will send you a Reservation and Medical Forms that you have to send us back by email